Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Flat-Sided Houses in Tornado Country

You would think, if you could think, that people who live in areas that year after year have 300 tornadoes a day that someone would build for themselves a round structure to live in that would tend to, ya know, CHANNEL THE MACH-TEN WINDS AROUND THEM. Instead of giving the storms four flat walls to have lots of fun pushing against and knocking down and turning into wood powder. But I guess that hasn't ever occured to anyone in those parts. Just ain't thought of it yet. I can understand that. What with all the philosophical speculation and dabbling in higher levels of math that occur around Tornado Alley in Oklahoma and Texas and Arkansas and Tennessee and places like that. There just ain't room inside their heads for thoughts about round houses in the wind tunnels they call their neighborhoods. Their brain itinerary is just too full already. There's equations to solve! Formulas to decipher! Let's get our slide rules, gentlemen, it's tabulatin' time!! I understand. Oh, excuse me, guys, someone who just bought a house in the middle of a dry arroyo wants me to look at his new den! Gotta go!! Oh, never mind. He just called me. It rained. His house is gone. I guess he didn't know what a dry arroyo signified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home