Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Genius of Ray Charles

Ray Charles was a blind nigger piano player. He had "The Genius Of" affixed to the front of his name, probably by some white person who felt personally guilty for slavery. Ray Charles never once DENIED that he was a genius, though. He seemed pretty comfortable with it. Assuming he had the brains to know what "genius" meant, pro'bly never having heard the word around his household when he was a kid. Ray Charles composed songs, one of which went, "Wha'd I say? Tell me wha'd I say. Tell me wha'd I say right now. Tell me wha'd I say. I wanna know. I wanna know right now. Yeah, I wanna know. Wha'd I say right now?" This went on for 20 minutes. I don't really see a lot of genius here but it could be subtle. Everyone else seems to assume that him being a genius is pretty axiomatic. Anyone I have verbally asked "Why was Ray Charles a genius" has never EVER given me an answer. All they give me is a scowl. I feel it is very unlikely Ray Charles could even add up a column of figures properly. I don't know of any industrial discoveries he ever demonstrated. I am not aware of any philosophical theories of his. He did not seem even remotely interested in the sciences. I don't think he had any degrees. It is very unlikely he ever proceeded in any university farther than the auditorium. If white people consider Ray Charles a genius it is no wonder white people consider Barak Hussein Obama a god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home