Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Inexplicably Famous People cont.

Danny Kaye. Yup, you had to know that sooner or later, on my list of inexplicably famous people Danny Kaye would be making a stellar appearance. While I have mentioned Jerry Lewis in other posts, you will, if you make an effort, notice that he has never made it onto THIS particular list. That is because his fame is not ENTIRELY inexplicable: for one thing Dean Martin was his partner for many years. Dean Martin was a pal of the Mob. So inexplicability is not the issue here. ADVISEABILITY maybe. PLUS he runs that million dollar charity......thing.....he does. From Las Vegas. That never seems to accomplish much. At least not for the victims of whatever it is that the charity ain't curin'. So he ain't inexplicable. If you look around, under here, under there, under ONE o' them rocks, you are going to find explicability. With an Italian last name on it. But Danny Kaye? Holy shit. Only a cellar fulla blackmail photos would explain his movie career. He could do nothing: and construct so much crap around it - that you were convinced he just built the Parthenon. Goofy songs, goofy noises, goofy expressions, goofy verse, goofy mugging, goofy spit-takes, goofy lip contortions, goofy monacle schtick, goofy hand gestures, goofy names, goofy yelling, goofy pratfalls, goofy laughing, goofy coughing seizures, goofy hiccups, goofy dialects, goofy sustained opera tonalities, goofy wheezings, goofy this, goofy that....and not one bit of it even remotely amusing or entertaining. Just bizarre. Like a two headed snake. You look at it. But you don't get it. Or see the point. Or understand what it could possibly be good for. But there it is. Danny Kaye is like that. A Danny Kaye movie marathon would probably be a good way to get Muslims to either confess, or commit suicide in their cells. That's what I want to do when I see a Danny Kaye "performance" of anything at all: confess or commit suicide. Whichever would get it to end the quickest. Here is Danny Kaye at his astoundingly embarassingly worst and deeply embedded inside his own weird world of entertainment at its most non human and unrelated-to-anything-earthly hideousest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG5KImGATL4&feature=related And if you manage to survive that entertainment apocalypse, from the very same movie - making it clearly therefore the worst move ever made - comes this, even for Danny Kaye - Medal of Honor winner for bilge and tripe and manic desperation for a miracle to occur and somehow transform this above-and-beyond-the-call-of-duty-Jew-moxie into genuine entertainment on at least SOME level. It doesn't happen. If you NEED an excuse to commit suicie the following clip will provide it for you. I'll say goodbye to you in advance. If you thought THIS BLOG was bad: heh heh: you ain't seen nuthin' yet. Take it, Danny!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmgdBvVOH9A&feature=related

11 Comments:

At December 25, 2008 at 12:48 AM , Blogger jj solari said...

Danny Kaye is a galactic genius. "The pestle with the poison is the pestle with the piss. the pistol with the postal is the posthole that's true." Oh, man, I am roaring already. And when he sang When The Saints with Louie Armstrong??....I am GONE baby!!! So there must be something seriously wrong with you. Sincerely, Minnie Pearl

 
At December 25, 2008 at 10:56 AM , Blogger jj solari said...

i watched that clip and thought it was quite delightful. so much better than rap

 
At December 25, 2008 at 10:58 AM , Blogger jj solari said...

Ya know, it's a fuckin toss-up. I take that back. It is better than rap. Ha: in that perspective I'm actually not havin' a problem with the guy.

 
At December 25, 2008 at 7:08 PM , Blogger jj solari said...

danny kaye always used to show up for work on time and always showed up sober and always knew his lines. nobody ELSE knew his lines because they were mostly always gibberish. so that gave him an edge in any argurments with his bosses.

 
At December 25, 2008 at 7:08 PM , Blogger jj solari said...

well that's a better explanation for his fame than anything he did on the film strips.

 
At December 25, 2008 at 9:06 PM , Blogger jj solari said...

I watched both clips that you posted. I am still upset and shaking. I think I have suffered psychological damage. Especially by that second one. It was more disturbing than hearing about the Manson murders. I think I am oging to have to have myself institutionslized. I am not happy about this. II feel the need to pray for the poor souls of those who were there when it was actually filmed. Oh the humanity.

 
At December 25, 2008 at 9:07 PM , Blogger jj solari said...

I had never heard of Danny Kaye before you mentioned him. I then went and watched the clips. I have been piercing my skin with shards of glass ever since and I cannot seem to stop. What has happened to me?? Will I die???

 
At December 25, 2008 at 9:23 PM , Blogger jj solari said...

I was watching the first clip and halfway through I killed all my pets. I was upset at first, when I realized what I had done, but then I felt a strange sense of liberation. I then watched the second clip and killed all my neighbors. I feel so happy inside. thank you!!

 
At December 25, 2008 at 9:25 PM , Blogger jj solari said...

You are not alone, sir. many of the people on death row are there because of Danny Kaye.

 
At December 26, 2008 at 10:56 PM , Blogger jj solari said...

i have never heard the like of this. no one has ever had anything bad to say about danny kaye in all of history. this is really weird.

 
At December 26, 2008 at 10:56 PM , Blogger jj solari said...

whats weird is that nobody said anything before this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home