Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Goodwill

I was throwing out some clothes and I came across a warm coat that I will never wear because it's animal skin and has a small rip. It's a million years old and needs cleaning and repair but its warm. If you saw it in the street you'd take it. I was gonna give it to the Goodwill or the Salvation Army or one of those places and I said "If I hand this over, someone there is just gonna fuckin' take it, and not someone who actually needs it." So I went down to LA and gave it to a bum. One who looked halfway sane. He fuckin' freaked. In a good way. Well, in as good a way as you CAN freak when you're a bum and are pro'bly gonna be one for a while. If you have good coats you're gonna give to the Goodwill, go give them to the freezing bums personally. That way they'll actually get them. Same with wool shirts. Otherwise they'll just get stolen by some Mexican.

2 Comments:

At April 25, 2009 at 8:28 PM , Blogger hairychin said...

Hey, You live in southern California. What the fuck did you need a coat for to begin with? And how far north did you have to go to give the coat to a bum that needed it?
For what it's worth I agree with the concept, turn it in to the Goodwill or Salvation Army and the little old ladies that sort the shit are gonna take it home to their lazy ass son that's 42 years old and still livin at home,promisin' Mom that as soon as I get a furry coat I'll get a job or some shit like that.
Do somethin' righteous for some poor fuckin ol bum, and you'll sleep better at night until you realize you left your last bag of weed in the pocket. He's thinkin he's hit the fuckin' lottery, and all of a sudden your an indian giver, wantin your coat back, just long enough to get your stash back.
Should be a moral to this story.
Haven't got a clue as to what it is, which is why I read this every damn day, so you can give me the moral guidance to pursue life to it's fullest.

 
At April 25, 2009 at 11:17 PM , Blogger jj solari said...

Start talkin' about bums and my readers come outa the woodwork. It's a great feeling.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home