Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Poem By Buckshot

Now that I’m a church-going man, I thought I’d better watch my language in social situations, especially here in California, so I penned this pearl of poetry, this perennial piece of prose, to let you know that I’ve mended my profane ways.
B.

A KINDER, GENTLER BUCKSHOT
By me.

I used to use profanity
To spice up my discourse
One of my very favorites
Would always st art with “horse”.

Whenever I would use it
In company polite
I always stood sequestered
The remainder of the night.

But now I’ve changed; become refined
I’ve found out what to say
To express my inner feelings
In a kinder, gentler way.

Whenever I hear something
That’s so shocking and obtuse
That it instantly reminds me
Of the back end of a moose

I never use profanity
For now I simply say
“That’s just so much PELOSI”
Then I turn and walk away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home